Every Tegola floor is designed to last, but to ensure it looks its best, regular cleaning should take place. Now you have your new Tegola luxury vinyl floor fitted, it’s important to keep it in tip-top condition.
Follow our care guide below for advice on how best to look after your luxury vinyl floor.
It is important to clean your floor on a weekly basis to clear up dust and any food debris. A simple brush will keep your floor looking like new.
Placing doormats at all entrances to your home will trap dirt and reduce it being spread over your floor, minimizing damage and discolouration. Ensure these are cleaned regularly.
Installing shutting blinds or curtains is also advisable to reduce extreme sunlight discolouring or fading the luxury vinyl tiles.
Mop up any food stains or liquid spills as quickly as possible to help maintain the lavish finish of your new floor. A damp cloth and cleaning fluid can be used but always check the label to make sure it’s suitable for use on the flooring. Limit the amount of chemicals used to avoid a slippery surface.
Do not use wax with any luxury vinyl flooring as this can make the surface slippery and dull the appearance of the tiles. Check that any cleaning chemicals are safe for use in homes with animals or children.
TOP TIPS FOR LOOKING AFTER YOUR TEGOLA LUXURY VINYL
- Ensure non-slip rugs and blankets are used to stop them from sliding around your room. You could use a non-slip rug underlay as an alternative.
- Using wood or hardboard strips under furniture or goods that’s too heavy to lift can help protect your luxury vinyl flooring. It’s also advisable if the heavy items have rollers or wheels.
- Never push or drag furniture around on luxury vinyl tiles to avoid scratching and scuffing. Lift furniture before moving it around your room.
CLEANING AND REMOVING STAINS FROM YOUR TEGOLA LUXURY VINYL FLOOR
Luxury vinyl is known for being easy clean, making it a practical flooring solution.
- Simple to clean, it won’t require much more than a regular mop and brush.
- Vacuum regularly or use a soft brush to clear away loose debris.
- Use a damp cloth or well wrung out mop weekly to remove any stains. Never soak the floor.
- For stubborn marks or stains, use a damp cloth with hot water and a mild detergent to lift the stain.
- If this doesn’t work, try a soft bristled brush to remove the mark, but only use gentle movements to rub the stain and to avoid damaging the surface.
- Wipe the surface thoroughly with clean water and a damp cloth after use.
- Dry thoroughly before allowing animals or children back into the room.
- Do not let puddles of water remain or use aggressive cleaning agents or steam cleaners on your luxury vinyl floor.
REPAIRING YOUR TEGOLA LUXURY VINYL FLOOR
It is easy to repair any scratches or holes in your luxury vinyl flooring without having to remove a complete tile.
- You will need epoxy resin, a clear liquid that will dry out to fill the hole or scratch in your luxury vinyl.
- Next, find an acrylic artist’s paint that matches the colour of the luxury vinyl tile that needs repairing.
- Mix the acrylic paint with the epoxy resin and place this in the hole or scratch. Level the mixture, remove any excess and leave this to dry.
REMOVING AND REPLACING YOUR TEGOLA LUXURY VINYL FLOOR
However, if you need to remove a tile, it is not a problem as you can do this without having to rip up your entire floor.
- You will need a blow dryer or heat gun to loosen the adhesive holding the tile in place, allowing you to remove this with ease.
- Wipe the floor beneath the tile clean before sliding a new tile in its place. Ensure the new tile is cut to size and glued down.
- Ensure the new tile matches your existing floor and patterns are aligned to achieve a professional result.
- You can prevent air bubbles, lumps or bumps appearing by using a floor roller or rolling pin to ensure the new tile sticks firmly into place, minimising a potential trip hazard.