carpetright's recommended floor fitting service
At Carpetright we believe in making things easy for you and we’re proud of the professional fitting service we can arrange for you. Our business has passed the rigorous assessment process set by Which? Trusted Traders to become an Approved Service for our Carpetright recommended fitting service.
Which? Trusted Traders - Carpetright Approved Fitters
Which? has been rigorously testing products and services for over 50 years, giving consumers unbiased insight enabling them to make an informed decision about making a purchase or using a service. Now Which? is doing the same for traders and not just anyone can become endorsed. Only those who meet their high standards are credited with Which? Trusted trader status.
Their tough endorsement checks include:
1. A financial health check
3. Interview and assessement
4. Code of Conduct agreement
So, just like the Which? Best Buy awards, as Which? Trusted Traders, we can proudly use the icon to highlight that our recommended fitting service has been endorsed. For more information on the Which? Trusted Trader scheme, visit their website.
What to expect on the day of fitting
We guarantee that you receive the perfect flooring finish without any hassle, so you can relax while we take care of everything. By choosing to have your new flooring fitted by our recommended independent professional fitters, you'll be able to enjoy it without the hassle. Select fitting at the checkout or ask an advisor if purchasing in store. Select our recommended fitters' standard fitting service and they will:
• Move up to five items of furniture*
• Bag up your off-cuts
• Vacuum after fitting
You can upgrade your fitting service for a small fee and our recommended fitters will also:
• Uplift and dispose of your old flooring
• Move additional items of furniture
• Take away any new waste and trimmings. We can turn them into runners, doormats or even rugs if you'd prefer.
• Remove, trim and refit any doors if necessary
Select to upgrade your fitting service at the checkout or ask if purchasing in store. To find your nearest store use our Store Locator.
COVID-19 Information for Customers
We’ve been working hard to ensure we can continue to serve our customers safely, and with the usual friendly and efficient Carpetright service you have come to expect.
We are able to arrange fitting via our third-party fitting teams nationwide, alongside delivery and collection services from stores. Below you will find full details of the measures we have put in place to ensure installations can be completed safely both for fitting teams and your families.
The Carpetright Team
We have adapted our services across our store and warehouse network as follows:
- Our stores are open and will continue to arrange fittings. Telephone and video appointments are also available, so you have the opportunity to talk to someone in store or pre-book appointments and collections. Please check our website for further details https://www.carpetright.co.uk/store/
- Our website and Telesales teams continue to operate normally, and our online consultation team is available to discuss your flooring needs over the phone. Please see our website for more details or to book an appointment.
We have adapted some of our store operating practices as follows:
- Our stores in England Tier 4 areas, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are temporarily closed but you have the opportunity to talk to someone in store via phone and video appointments.
- Social distancing rules will be rigorously adhered to and there will be clear signage in store to help facilitate this
- We ask that all customers adhere to the social distancing rules in stores, maintaining a 2-metre gap at all times. We have added signage to help make this clear
- We will be restricting the number of customers entering the store to ensure social distancing is possible
- Strict hygiene regimes are in place with regular cleaning protocols for surfaces and equipment using disinfectant wipes and hand sanitisers
- We ask that all customers use the provided hand sanitisers both upon entering and before leaving the store
- Face masks, face shields and gloves have been supplied to all stores for use by our colleagues
- Safety guards at cash desks have been installed in stores for added protection for customers and colleagues
- To minimise the handling of cash our store colleagues will recommend that you pay by credit or debit card. Completion of interest free credit applications at home is requested to minimise the use of keyboards
- Collections from the store must be arranged in advance
- Our Store Managers are empowered to make local decisions to ensure the safety of both you and our colleagues is not compromised
We have been working with our third-party fitters to adapt practices as follows:
- The fitter will call ahead of a booked appointment to ensure that all appropriate protective measures are in place.
- The fitter will be asked to avoid close contact with our customers and to maintain the social distancing rules. You may be asked to vacate the room where the floor is being fitted. To minimise unnecessary contact, we request that all internal doors along the journey to the fitting area(s) are left open.
- We ask that all flooring, in the area to be fitted, is uplifted and removed along with all furnishings unless this has been agreed in advance of the appointment.
- Where possible, we’d be grateful if you could increase ventilation in the area where the work is being done. For example, opening any windows whilst the fitting work is being completed.
- Strict hygiene regimes are in place with regular cleaning protocols for surfaces and equipment using disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers.
- The fitter may choose to wear varying types of PPE during their visit and the nature of this will be determined by the individual fitter’s preferences. If you have a requirement for the fitter allocated to you to take particular precautions, please let us know before the day of fitting so that we can confirm this with your fitter in advance
- The fitter will ask you to inspect the finished job but will not accompany you in order to maintain social distancing.
- To minimise the handling of cash, the fitters should offer you the ability to pay for your fitting by debit or credit card, or via a bank transfer.
- The fitter is empowered to make local decisions to abandon a visit if they feel there is any compromise to their personal safety.
- The fitter will call before they visit and run through a few checks with you.
- The fitter will observe the social distancing guidelines at all times and we’d ask you to do the same.
- We ask for the area being fitted to be clear of all existing flooring and furnishings unless this has been agreed in advance.