Vibrant inky blues are really packing a punch this season and contrary to belief are perfect for creating a cosy atmospheric feel in your home just the thing to set the mood for autumn and winter.
- A mix of inky blue tones mixed with tactile textures creates drama and luxury for a warm winter retreat perfect for relaxing with a book or entertaining friends and family. Verona sofa, Navy knitted throw, knitted cushion, Indigo cushion, hurricane lamp, bottles and tealight holders, all Sainsbury’s (www.sainsburys.co.uk)
- Go for luxurious looks and eye catching colour. Westex Carpet, Carpetright (www.carpetright.co.uk)
- Don’t believe the myth that deep dark walls make a room look smaller – providing you keep the tone on the floor similar to the walls so the room has balance throughout the scheme will take on a bold dramatic scheme with an edgy fashionable look. Virgo electric blue carpet, Carpetright (www.carpetright.co.uk)
- Layer a sofa or bed with this seasons hottest accessories – mix and match cushions in jewel blue tones – the colour of the moment. Cushions from a selection, Sainsbury’s. (www.sainsburys.co.uk)
- Cosy up your bed for the cool winter months by layering a selection of linens and switching your duvet for a higher tog rating. Top with a bedspread to add a finishing touch. Hastings collection bed, Tribal Ikat bedlinen, Marks & Spencer(www.marksandspencer.com)
- Working from home might be the ultimate dream through the cold winter months but make sure you have a work corner that is warm, cosy and ready for action. Team a space saving desk and chair with everything you need for a maximum efficiency. Hornby desk, Mackenzie dining chair, both (www.marksandspencer.com)
Visit our trends and ideas section for more home design tips!