Have you started preparing for Christmas yet? It’s always nice to have a spotless home during this festive time so we’re here to help you with a useful guide on cleaning carpets!
*Image shows blue carpet
HOW TO REMOVE STAINS FROM CARPET
1. Immediately tend to fresh stains if possible.
2. Dab and blot the stain only, using a clean cloth. Do not rub as this can damage your carpet.
3. Use a mild solution of cleaning fluid for tougher stains; be sure to look at the manufacturer guides beforehand.
4. Repeat the process until the stain is removed.
HOW TO REMOVE SMELL FROM CARPET
1. Steam cleaning carpets is sure to remove odours from carpets.
2. An alternative method would be to sprinkle baking soda on your carpet and let it set overnight.
3. If the odour is under the surface, work the baking soda into your carpet fibres.
4. Remove the baking soda with a dustpan and brush and then vacuum the remaining grains.
5. Reapply until the smell is removed.
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR CLEAN CARPET
*Image shows gold carpet
1. Vacuum regularly!
2. Place welcome mats and rugs by all main doors that lead to the outside.
3. Ask guests and family to remove footwear before entering the home.
4. Treat stains immediately.
If you’ve decided to replace your carpet however, you can now browse our collections of carpets online.
We hope you have a Merry, as well as a spotless, Christmas!
*The above methods are suggestions only. Always check the carpet manufacturer’s guide before carrying out the cleaning. Carpetright do not take responsibility for any damage that may be caused.