Have you got a pest problem and noticed a few bites? Bed bugs are common, especially in the winter because these insects love humid areas, such as your bed. Below we try and answer the most frequently asked questions to help you get rid of, and prevent, bed bugs in your home.
HOW DID I GET BED BUGS?
Bed bugs are travellers! They are most likely to be picked up on holiday as they hide in any baggage, clothes and other items that they can find. They may even climb into your sleeping bag, which eventually you’ll take back with you and therefore end up having them in your home.
HOW TO PREVENT A BED BUG INFESTATION?
– Be cautious when on holiday and inspect the accommodation.
– Wash and dry clean all your clothes after you travel to prevent and infestation.
– Check your suitcases and bags before bringing them into the house too.
– Keep your home clutter-free, to eliminate the spaces in which the bed bugs can hide.
– Let your bedding air out before you make the bed as the moisture within is loved by bed bugs.
HOW TO GET RID OF BED BUGS?
– Vacuum and clean the affected areas.
– Wash your bedding at a high temperature.
– Keep in mind that bed bugs hate extreme temperatures.
– Find lots of sprays that treat bed bug bites and prevent the matter getting out of hand.
– Always seek professional advice and exterminators to prevent the issue escalating.