Earlier this summer, we launched a campaign to find out some of the magical and mysterious places you’d spent the night.
We were overwhelmed with the response to the #ThisSummerISlept competition. You have slept in some truly incredible places this summer; places we didn’t even know existed! Some of the entries suggest that you rested in more questionable surroundings, but we had great fun looking at all your makeshift bedrooms and luxury beds.
To celebrate the weird and wonderful response to our competition, we’ve decided to share some of our favourite entries.
After much deliberation, the winner was eventually announced as Jamie; keep reading to find out where he slept this summer to capture the prize.
But first, let’s take a trip around the globe, as we look where some of you managed to find yourselves resting during the summer.
#ThisSummerISlept on UK shores
Many of you found stunning corners of the UK to get your head down over the summer. Here are just a handful of some of the fantastic British bedtimes you enjoyed…
1. Jane Orford shared this photo of her granddaughter catching some well-earned rest in her Jumperoo. It’s a hard life!
— jane orford (@bospherous) August 29, 2016
2. Laura had this cracking view from her tent in North Wales.
— 🌈 Ｌａｕｒａ 🌈 (@ferrerorocker) August 30, 2016
3. Roz Tabberer was at one with nature, sleeping in this beautiful bluebell woods.
4. Louise O’Carroll enjoyed a luxury stay in this gorgeous London suite.
— Louise O'Carroll (@louiseocarroll) September 4, 2016
5. Toni Stokoe was relegated the hallway floor after her pet dogs took over the bed!
— Toni Stokoe (@meisafairy) September 4, 2016
6. We’re jealous of Kelly Louise’s relaxing break in this hot tub in York.
— Kayley Louise (@Kayley6688) September 8, 2016
7. Deanne Orchin managed to catch some Zs – with a view – on these Welsh beach’s sand dunes.
— Deanne Orchin (@deanne2622) September 11, 2016
8. It was a rainy affair for Angela Pagan, who slept on the banks of Loch Lomond. Some view though!
— Angela Pagan (@cutetrix) September 11, 2016
9. Natalie Bradley enjoyed a night in this fantastic handmade tipi.
10. And Linda also found an unorthodox to grab some rest; inside this giant shell on Clacton beach.
— ✨✨✨✨❤️Mrs C ❤️✨✨✨ (@lyndac1234) September 12, 2016
#ThisSummerISlept further afield
Others of you went to foreign lands this summer, and enjoyed some stunning views at bedtime. Here are some of our favourites from your travels…
11. Wendy Taylor slept on board a boat, as she “sailed through magical Halong Bay, Vietnam”.
12. Samantha Mann got some rest on the water with this amazing endless blue view.
— Samantha Mann (@MrsManfalou) September 11, 2016
13. This huge blue bench was an opportunity that was too good to turn down for Cat Thomas in Piedmont, Italy.
— ✨Cat Thomas ✨ (@highlandgirl) September 11, 2016
14. Becky John enjoyed a nap with this view of the Sicilian sunset.
— Becky John (@becky0020) September 5, 2016
15. Jade slept in a hut in Morocco whilst volunteering with disabled children. Great cause!
— jade (@NaughtyBulb) September 4, 2016
16. Rachel Dayan enjoyed relaxing on this gorgeous day bed with a view of the Turkish mountains.
— RachDayan (@RachelDayan) August 26, 2016
17. How about this for a view? Jules spent the night outdoors in the Canadian Rockies, overlooking a glacier. In bear territory, too!
18. Victoria shared her breakfast view of the Elephant Nature Park near Chang Mai, Thailand, where she spent the evening.
— Victoria ❤️ (@pink_lady123) August 27, 2016
19. Calum Skelton really mixed it up; switching between sleeping under the stars in the Utah desert, and in the Canadian snow!
— Calum Skelton (@CalumSkelton) August 27, 2016
The winner of #ThisSummerISlept
As you can see, there have been some amazing places that our customers and followers have slept this summer.
But we had to have a winner, and the prize of a £500 voucher towards a Carpetright bed is…
20. Jamie, who shared this stunning photo of where he spent the night:
— JamieLMDJs (@JamieLMDJs) September 12, 2016
Congratulations Jamie, looks like an amazing experience!
Get a restful night all year round
It’s always nice to spend a relaxing night somewhere different, but most of the time you’ll be tucked up in bed in your own home.
Ensure you get a good night’s sleep all through the year with a comfortable mattress and a sturdy bed frame to support you. And even when you’re on holiday or staying away from home, remember the importance of routine when it comes to sleep.
Dr. Nerina, at beds specialist Silentnight, says:
“Even when away from home, our body needs routine. We thrive on routine and being out of this when away is one of the things that affects our sleep the most. Try and go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time every morning, even if you need to set an alarm”.
If you’re in need of a new bed, visit your local Carpetright store and view our collection today.