Throughout October we are celebrating the launch of our new House Beautiful interior range by talking about all things beautiful and giving useful tips and interesting insights to achieve a truly beautiful lifestyle. Following on from last week when we kicked off with handy hints to create beautiful meals, it’s now the turn of beautiful fitness.
One of the best ways to safeguard your health is by embracing an active lifestyle and highly nutritious diet. Whether you prefer swimming, aerobics or Pilates each form of exercise has different benefits to your health and well being. A study by scientists at King’s College London found that regular cycling helped to maintain a higher level of balance, reflexes, metabolic health and memory whilst regular exercise has been found to protect muscle loss. Fitness clothing brand Bear Strength have strength at the heart of their philosophy “We encourage those with the strength to challenge themselves to pursue their greatest aspirations.”
Exercise is a proven mood booster as it causes the brain to release good-feeling endorphins which can also help to give a natural energy boost too. Yoga and Pilates are commonly known to have a calming effect on the mind whilst cardio-based exercise has been shown to improve overall brain performance as it can actually lead to the creation of new brain cells – that’s what you call a full body workout!
Health and fitness blogger Gemma from Lipstick, Lettuce & Lycra advises “If you’re exercising at home, pick an activity that works for you and your space. Trying to find the space for lots of equipment in a studio flat could mean it ends up as a clothes dryer, try yoga or Pilates instead, and remember to schedule your exercise like you would an appointment. ”
If you find yourself tossing and turning night after night, exercise might just be the key that can help to unlock a healthy sleep pattern. Exercising 5-6 hours before bed helps to raise the body’s core temperature, and when it drops back to normal in the hours later it sends a signal to the body that it is time to go to sleep. What’s more, getting a good night’s sleep also helps to maintain the body, defending against diseases like diabetes – as if you ever needed a better reason to cosy up in bed!
Your chance to win with House Beautiful!
This month, we’re giving you the chance to join us in celebrating the launch of our wonderful House Beautiful range by entering our amazing competition. One very lucky person will win a carpet of their choice to revamp their home, as well as a beautiful living package containing everything you need to achieve a ‘Beautiful Home… Beautiful Life’. Enter now and you could be the winner of this fabulous beautiful living prize package worth more than £800! · £700 of Carpetright vouchers to spend on the new collection with House Beautiful · Riverford recipe box · Designer Bear Strength T-shirt · Year’s subscription to House Beautiful magazine · Bottle of new Paco Rabanne Olympéa Eau de Parfum (50ml) from Allbeauty.com
Terms & Conditions:
· UK only competition.
· By submitting your entry, you are agreeing to Carpetright using your email address for any future form of contact or marketing.
· Inappropriate content will be removed and disqualified.
· You must submit your entry by using the EmailMe form with all boxes fulfilled.
· The winner will be selected at random from all the users who provide their information, as stated above.
· The Competition closes at 12:00pm on 28/10/2015.
· All entries received after this time will not be considered.
· The winner will be contacted via email.
· The winner has 3 working days to claim their prize, no response after this time will result in another winner being selected.
· The winner will receive £700 of Carpetright vouchers to spend on the new collection with House Beautiful. Underlay, fitting and delivery costs are not included in the prize.
· The winner will also receive: an annual subscription to House Beautiful magazine, a recipe box from Riverford worth £39.95, a slogan t-shirt from Bear Strength up to the value of £25 and one bottle of new Paco Rabanne Olympéa Eau de Parfum (50ml) worth £54.
In need of a new mattress? Come in store to try them out, pick one that suits you and ensure that perfect sleep. Find your nearest branch using the store locator.