Beds Care Guide
Your bed is the most important investment you will make for your long-term health. For that reason it’s really important to keep your bed in optimum condition. Using our handy tips for bed after care will help to extend the life of your new bed and ensure that it stays in great condition to give you years of comfortable slumber.
Care during assembly
First things first: beds and bases are heavy and bulky, so extra care must be taken when while you’re putting them together. If at all possible, we advise that you ask at least one other person to help.
Caring for bed frames and storage
- Regularly check all bolts, screws, legs and castors. Bolts and screws can loosen over time so simply do them up tight again to make your bed secure.
- Also check that your headboard is securely attached regularly.
- We recommend you avoid placing the bed near radiators or fires as it may crack and dry out. Similarly, direct sunlight may cause some fading.
- If you have a bedstead, it’s a good idea to buy a mattress pad to place over the wooden slats to reduce wear on the mattress cover.
- Ensure the slats on a slat system bed base are no more than 7.5cm or 3 inches apart.
- Don’t overload storage drawers. If your bed has drawers, bear in mind that they were designed to hold items such as linens and towels. They can be damaged by excessive weight and overfilling can cause them to jam.
- Refrain from jumping on the bed. Standing or jumping on any part of your bed is not just unsafe it can cause permanent damage to your bed. Don’t allow children to jump on the bed as if it’s a trampoline, and be aware that bouncing repeatedly in the same area can place undue strain on both the mattress and bed base.
Cleaning a micro suede headboard and bed base
Water repellent and dirt resistant, micro suede should shrug off smaller spills. If you need to get rid of any heavier stains try using a neutral detergent, taking care not to over-rub. Rinse well with clean, lukewarm water.
To keep those rich, luxurious textures looking and feeling their best, we recommend specialist cleaning only.
Cleaning a faux leather headboard and bed base
Faux leather gives the slick looks of real leather but is a whole lot easier to care for. A dust and a quick wipe with a clean damp cloth should be all it takes to keep your faux leather headboard looking good.